27 August 2010

What's Going On

I'm neglecting my blog, that's what!

I just don't have all that much to talk about, ya know? I mean, if you're here with me, I'll talk your ear off (probably about Lucy). But not a lot of posting material.

For about the last month, I've been spending any and all crafting time make more of these.


They seem to take forever to make, but I'm so proud of the design, I want to be able to share them with everyone.

And I haven't really been making anything new and different in the kitchen. Just more of the same. Rice. Peanut butter balls. Cheese crackers.

But -- tomorrow is my birthday! And for the occasion I plan to try to redeem one of our old family recipes: sticky rolls. Sticky rolls are biscuits from a can, dipped in melted butter, rolled in cinnamon-sugar, twisted, and shoved together in a pan to bake. Then they get covered in a milk-vanilla-powdered-sugar glaze.

Aaaand that's why I haven't made any in a very long time. Canned biscuits = trans fats, and white sugar AND powdered sugar in the same recipe?? Yikes.

So, check back next week, when I will explain how I made the Redeemed Sticky Rolls, whether or not they turned out, and whether or not I remembered to take photos while I was making them. :-)

Oh, also I'm having a sale in my supply shop. I'm adding new things to the sale every day, so you might want to check that out. If you're into that kind of thing.

No comments: