22 October 2010

Book Sale Purchases as a Snapshot of My Life

Thursday evening I went to the Norman Public Library's book sale. It was the pre-pre-sale, as I had paid my dues in the form of 4 volunteer hours in order to get in on Thursday.

In that stack are the books I bought (a few of them are from the JBF sale last week). I also bought 4 toddler books and a giant collection of A.A. Milne.

I was surprised by the stack. I thought of how 8 years ago as a college freshman, I had attended the same book sale and had bought just as many books, but the subject matter was so different! Back then it was linguistics, foreign languages, and travelogues and geography books about Vancouver. Now, apparently, it's crunchy parenting, unconventional schooling, and liberal hipster Christianity. My, how times have changed.

No comments: