13 March 2008

A Day in the Life...

"What the heck does she do all day?" some of you may ask. Well, that's none of your business.

But I'll tell you anyway. (Hooray, grace!) For example, yesterday, I painted a cardboard cake box pink so I can put donuts in it on Saturday so I can pretend that I live in Twin Peaks, WA.


Then I attended a free Arbor Day picnic on campus.
Thumbs up on the coleslaw and potato salad. Thumbs way, way down on the "hamburger patty", which I removed from the bun after two bites and replaced with the coleslaw. Mmmm...


Free food, mediocre jazz ensemble, and a (no doubt) sappy speech that I didn't stick around for.


Then I went to a sale at the Geology College library and bought 12 funky elevation (or something) maps for $3. The librarian was very nice to me. Apparently no one ever buys the maps when they try to sell them.


Then I arrived home to find that, after an 18 month or so absence, Alchemy is back on Etsy! Oh, happy day! This is pretty much the best feature ever featured on a website. You should go check it out.

Then I did chores (including laundry).

Then I made a lasagna which I neglected to take a picture of. Now the leftovers are in the freezer. Sorry.
I used the cheese I made by leaving raw milk out at room temperature for a few days (see my previous post on this subject). It was amazingly tasty. As this website says,

"What you see is the milk solids called curds and and the liquid called whey. That's right, like in the nursery rhyme. And she was eating them, so they must be OK."

So true.

Then I called my mother.

Then I worked on some crafts in progress.


Yes, other things happened over the course of the day, but these are the highlights. Aren't you sorry you asked?

No comments: