11 November 2008

The Open House Cometh

Weeeee! My 2nd Annual Holiday Open House is this Thursday evening, and I'm so excited. Last year we had a fabulous time -- I got to show off my crafts to my friends and family, and people shopped, and ate cookies and snacks, and chatted. It's the best party I throw all year. (That's not saying too much, but hey...)

This year will be even better -- I've invited the gals of the Oklahoma Etsy Street Team, along with the usual church friends contingent. In addition to tasty cookies, candy, and spiced apple cider (recipe coming soon!), there will be a door prize! That's at least 4 separate completely free things, and all you have to do is show up.

While this is a business venture for me, I think most of my excitement comes from letting the people I care about see what I do with my time. I don't have much in the way of a title that I can give people when they ask what I do. "Well, let's see... I'm out of school, and I don't have a job. I take care of my house, I cook, and I make crafts and sell them on the internet." The closest I've ever gotten to a decent title is "craftswoman/homemaker/entrepreneur", but that's just cumbersome. Although I love that this is what I do with my time, it never sounds very impressive when I explain it. So I'm excited to show people just exactly what I mean by "I make crafts."

If you're in the area, and you're interested in attending, e-mail me! I'll send you the address and more information.

Oh, and here's a preview of some of the goodies you'll find at the open house:

Journal

Christmas cards

Zipper pouch

2 comments:

Brigid said...

I bet it will be fabulous! I'd come if I could. Best of luck with the preparations.

GrandmaToots said...

maybe you can call yourself a "crafterpreneur"