OK, Thanksgiving. There were seven of us: Me, Husband, Toddler, Husband's Parents, Husband's Brother, and Husband's Sister. Husband's Mother is ill, so I didn't expect them to be able to stay very long, but they stayed for 4 whole hours! Hooray!
Actually this Thanksgiving looked a lot like last Thanksgiving. So go look at these photos, and replace all the college students with in-laws and the 7-month-old with a 19-month-old. Ta da!
- Turkey (Duh. Nothing fancy -- just salt, pepper, and no overcooking.)
- Gravy (Turkey Drippings - Fat + Cornstarch)
- Wild Rice Stuffing (I made this recipe up. I should write it down and/or type it up. It was really tasty.)
- Green Bean Casserole (in a skillet -- tiny oven)
- Sweet Potato Casserole (in a crock pot -- tiny oven)
- Whole Wheat Rolls
- Cranberry Apple Compote (which is a real word that I did not make up)
- Pumpkin Pie
- Whipped Cream (cream whipped with beaters on the spot, which seemed to confound my guests)
- White Wine
Besides the broken glass, I was quite satisfied with the meal and the day in general. I don't take very much pleasure in cooking, and I'm not much of a hostess, but ending the day knowing that I had eaten so many good things and nothing I wished I hadn't is worth quite a bit to me. No regrets, only tastiness. A little preview of Heaven. I'm thankful for those.