15 April 2011

This Year's Babby Birthday Invitations


Lucy turns 2 in about a week and a half! Her party is early, though, to avoid Easter problems. Last year, the birthday theme (if you can even call it that) was polka dots. This year it is "outside". So I made these invitations!

[The chaos of the craft room mid-project]


[Pieces ready for assembly]


[Ta da!]


[The inside]


This was all using stuff I had. I used a "2" cookie cutter as a stencil for the twos. I always have plenty of colored card stock on hand. The cloud paper I just picked up at the thrift store a month or two ago. And the grass is the plastic grass they put in packaged sushi! I knew I had been saving it for a reason! :-)

Norman said they look like Pixar. Not really what I was going for, but I'll definitely take it!

Party pics should be up on Tuesday, assuming I remember to take any!


No comments: