16 January 2008

Scrabble Dabble

So, we were playing Scrabble the other night with some friends, and the gray, plastic, closureless bag that the tiles were in was just really offending my aesthetic sensibilities (this is code for "it's fugly"). So I started brainstorming a solution. A friend said something about a Crown Royal bag, but I don't have one of those, and I wasn't even sure I wanted a drawstring bag. I finally came up with a design, and Monday night, I implemented it! Mwahahahaha!


The old bag. Ewwww!


Oh yeah.


It's not lined, but we like it. As Norman said, "The inside should be fuzzy!" And so it is.


Snug in it's new home. (Yes, the box lid does, in fact, say 75 cents. Woot.)

I've already had one person (who I don't know) inquire as to whether or not I'll be selling these. I was thinking about it... Custom made; pick a letter? What do y'all think?


UPDATE: I do sell these! They're in my Etsy shop. Sold my first one in August 2008, and to date (March 2013), there are about 80 of them out there in the world!

6 comments:

Norman said...

Woot.

Dorathea said...

Lol, that's cool!
It's definately prettier than the gray plastic bag, and less likely to make a mess (the tiles won't come spilling out when you don't want them to). ..I say, go for it!
And let me know how much they cost.

Jessie said...

LOL -- Thanks, Dotty. Will do.

GrandmaToots said...

Yes, Yes, YES!!!! Sell these!!! I want one, too.

torrance said...

Nice!
I love scrabble

Jenny said...

Yay! Much better than the Crown Royal. I want one!!! :-)