31 January 2008

New Purse!

I know it's kinda hard to believe, but I made something else for myself! I'm just going crazy! What with the Scrabble bag a couple weeks ago, and now this? Mark this day on your calendars, folks.

So I'd been needing a new purse for a while. My old one was very... loved. Here's a picture of it when it was relatively new:

That was about 2 years ago. Its age, combined with the fact that I just don't give a crap if my bag matches my outfit, meant I needed a new one. But the old one was perfect -- just the right size, and it fit my body just right. So I took the old one apart and just used the pieces as a pattern. I had spent a couple months deciding what exactly I wanted the new one to look like. I entertained some ideas featuring corduroy (I do love corduroy), but I ultimately settled on this:


That band of embroidery is part of a tablecloth I found at an estate sale about a month and a half ago. I don't know what it is about it -- the fabric, the specific combination of colors, the shapes -- but this is one of the most gorgeous pieces of embroidery I've ever seen in my life. And what better way to appreciate it than to see it and use it every day?

2 comments:

Norman said...

You appreciate things by making them useful.

... How's that? Would I mind doing the dishes?

Dorathea said...

LOL!
That's pretty sweet, Jessie. :-)