18 November 2006

As promised...

Pimp My Stocking, part II



Here is my brand new, super-fabulous, retro, kitchy-chic Christmas stocking. I know my mother will probably think to herself something like, "She'd rather have this than her old one??" Yes. Yes I would. First of all, it's corduroy, and you just can't go wrong with corduroy. Second, it says my name on it. My old one said "Jessica". People only call me that when they have no idea who I am and are reading my name off a list of some kind.

The corduroy is all scraps (hence the crazy-quilt nature of the stocking) that I got from a giant box of mostly corduroy scraps for $3 in Minnesota two summers ago. It's just the most wonderful stuff ever. See that print in the middle of the stocking? The tan with flowers? (I know, you can't see it very well.) Yeah, I have that piece, and another piece slightly larger. I wish I had yards upon yards of it. I love it. So I decided to immortalize it in the stocking.

Here's the back, the loop, the inside, and my hand. It doesn't have a pocket like Norman's. It's so awesome, I don't think it could have handled a pocket.



So, there you have it. Now I can start working on Christmas presents. Sadly, those probably won't be up on the blog until after Christmas. Never fear, faithful reader (and I do mean that in the singular), I have self-diagnosed CADD (Craft Attention Deficit Disorder), so I'll probably be making other things too.

5 comments:

GrandmaToots said...

Actually, I think this stocking and Norman's are VERY COOL!! It's a good thing to start your own traditions when you start your own family.
A friend of Grandear's gave you your old stocking for your 1st Christmas, so yeah, she called you "Jessica", not Jessie.
Gee, if I'd only known years ago that you hated your old stocking, I would have gladly made you a new one. Love you...

Jenny said...

You have awesome stocking-making skills. :-) And more than one faithful reader. ;-)

Dorathea said...

but I'm the faithfullest! :D

Awesome stockings, Jessie. I'm glad I got to see them in person.

looking forward to seeing other crafts, you CADD! (love ya!)

Dorathea said...

I found a recipe for making citrus scented perfume. I've wanted to try it for a long time. One problem is it takes 4 to 6 weeks to reach its peak before it's ready.

So what other things are you making?

Dorathea said...

comment moderation? having commenting problems?