21 July 2009

Estate Sale scores!

The husband, the babby, and I hit up the Farm Market and two estate sales this weekend (or as we like to call them, "Estáte Sáles!" as if it were Spanish, and we were the Unconscious Argentinean). I was completely unprepared for the absolute haul we came away with. Observe:

i
A picture collage frame (I had been looking for one) and an amateurish painting in an awesome frame, which will be spray-painted black (the frame, not the painting) in order to display some art we got for our wedding (that was over 3 years ago). Yeah. It's about time. $3 each.



Embroidered table runner (50 cents), Sister Act (love it!) (25 cents), and a 1952 yearbook. Yearbook = major score. It was originally $15, but while we were browsing, the man announced everything was 75% off. Hello, $3.75!



And at that same sale, the husband found pipes. Soooo many pipes. Every time I walk into any type of sale and he stays in the car, he says, "If you see any pipes in there, let me know!" Well, he found these. They were originally $20 and $25, down to a total of $22.50. He only had $10. We were in the process of negotiating a loan when the man announced the 75% off. I gladly gave him the extra $1.25. Oh, and the ties are: jogging man, baseball player, sail boats. Husband has claimed the boats, but the other two will probably end up in crafts. ($1 each)



Hello, gorgeous! Sunbeam mixer with two bowls, juicer attachment, and manual. I made a bee line to this thing, lugged it to an outlet, and plugged it in. Success! Nothing was priced at this sale, so I nonchalantly asked how much. $10. I will take it.



Box of rick rack (50 cents).



And here's the most fun acquisition of the day, in my opinion -- a toy printing press! I saw this box of stuff in the garage and asked the kind man for a price. He said, "Do you know what this is?" I said, "Yes." He then said things like, "This thing is great. There's still ink in there! We had a lot of fun with that." I told him it looked like a lot of fun. He said, "I don't know how much that would go for in the right place, but you can have it for $5." Sold! Are you kidding me? I would have killed for something like this as a 7 year old.





It's got ink and little letters and trays to stick in the press and tweezers and paper. It's fabulous.



I made it work! Hello!

4 comments:

Becky Myers said...

What scores!!! If you ever see any pipes (that Norman doesn't want, of course), grab 'em for me!!

Also, how do you find out about estate sales? I may be needing furniture...

GrandmaToots said...

Okay, you can no longer complain that the best deals are found in Fairmont. The mixer *with* the juicer? Amazing!!!!!

Katie said...

I am so jealous. That is amazing.

Beth said...

Great find on the printing press! That looks like so much fun.