17 July 2009

My New Kitchen

And by "new" I mean that I moved, so it's new to me. Not remodeled or anything. I made putting the kitchen together a priority when we got here, because an un-put-together kitchen gets very expensive (in dinners out) very quickly. So it's been like this awhile, but I thought I'd finally take photos and show it to you.


Here's the view from the living room. Spacious, no?


The pantry. I have a pantry! I've gotta be honest -- it was a major selling point (renting point?) for me. It's certainly not put to its full use at the moment though.


I love magnetic poetry. Some children-friends of ours put the words on the fridge for me. A little haphazard, but if I had had to do it myself, they'd all still be in a ziplock bag.


Little cookbook shelf. The two most important books in my life right now are on the top: The Baby Book and Nourishing Traditions. ("Hippie!")


A very moody photo of the window above the sink. Herbs!


And here is my collection of fake plants above the window above the sink. I cannot get enough of these crazy, 3D embroidery houseplant portraits. Seriously. If you ever see one, buy it for me and I'll reimburse you.


My collection of jars. It's getting a tad out of hand. And this isn't including the 10 or so jars full of kombucha in the fridge, or the 8 or so jars I just took out to put my button collection in.


The view out the window. Laundry, FTW!

2 comments:

Becky Myers said...

Your kitchen is hot. I want one. I could also use some komboucha...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.