30 September 2011

Cedar Sachets (Made from Neckties!)



And now for something completely different...



I don't remember how this idea occurred to me, but I'm really excited about it.  It's unique and fun and manly, which is important.  It's so tough to shop for guys!



Cedar sachets!  Sachet is a really girly word, isn't it?  Well I don't know what else to call these, because they're stuffed with something that smells good, and their job is to sit in your closet or dresser and smell good (and discourage the moths). 



But the cool thing about these is that they have a tie label on the back, for hanging.  Which is not ribbon.  Because that would be girly.  Yep.

 
They're made out of old neckties, which I have a ridiculously extensive collection of.  I find them at thrift stores and garage sales.  Norman takes the ones he likes, but he's picky, so I still have a lot for crafting.  You know I use them to make Christmas stockings and zipper pouches.  And now, cedar sachets, too!  



So I've got airplane sachets, runner sachets, baseball sachets, stripy sachets, wasp sachets, paisley sachets, etc, etc.  So fun!



Anyway... Ta da!  Go check them out at my Etsy shop, and remember that Christmas is around the corner, and that you have brothers, fathers, grandpas, bosses....



No comments: