07 April 2009

Mmmm...

Is there anything prettier than a big stack of fresh, fluffy, never-been-soiled cloth diapers?


OK, there are probably plenty of things prettier, but they are really nice.

Reasons I'm cloth diapering (from someone who has yet to actually change a diaper of any kind in her life):

1.) "diapers" will not end up on my weekly shopping list

2.) I like reusing things
-- Cloth diapers make great dust cloths, etc. when you don't need diapers anymore (not that I ever dust... Hey, that's what kids old enough to not wear diapers are for!)

3.) They're so comfy. I mean, I'd rather have soft, soft cotton on my bum than plastic. Oh yeah, that's why I wear underwear instead of Depends!
-- Possible TMI alert!
Some months before becoming pregnant with Lucy, I switched from 10 years of using disposable menstrual pads to using cloth ones that I made myself. I'll never go back. They're much more comfortable, cost effective, conscience-mollifying, and nowhere near as disgusting as they sound. I would encourage all you young ladies out there to try them.

4.) Babies who wear cloth diapers have cute, chubby bottoms.


Oh yeah, and there are all these reasons, too.

3 comments:

Funkybella said...

Good for you, Jessie!
When the time comes, I'll probably go with cloth all-in-ones or ones that snap with velcro covers. There are so many reasons to use cloth, I don't know why anyone buys disposable anymore!

Brigid said...

When I have a baby, I want to do cloth, too. I'm a cloth wearer myself, and there's just no comparison.

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree in general; although the analogy from what grown-ups wear to what babies ought to wear seems a little forced. At least in the best of cases, grown-ups deal with their own digestive by-products.