16 April 2009

The Nesting Instinct is strong in this one...

The other night found me browsing Etsy for a wet bag for my diaper bag. (A wet bag being a bag with a waterproof lining for keeping used but unwashed cloth diapers, pads, etc.) Well, there are some very nice ones on Etsy, but the cute ones with zippers were a little pricey for me, especially when I realized I have:
1.) waterproof fabric
2.) cute fabric
3.) a zipper (OK, so I have several hundred zippers...)
And I've gotten to where I can sew a simple zipper pouch in my sleep. This epiphany came at about 11pm. So of course I thought, "No time like the present! It won't take that long to make anyway." And it didn't. I mean, I was in bed by midnight. But still. Yikes.

Here it is. The lining is old-lady-poncho plastic from the thrift store. We'll see how well it holds up.

Oh, and I also went all fancy and sealed the edges with an iron. Cool.

1 comment:

Brigid said...

That fabric is adorable!